Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing of the Day: Robert Pattinson

I pride myself on being someone who achieves goals when they set them, and after the past month, I can honestly say that I am moderately disappointed with myself. My four missions for the month of June were to be a vegetarian (check!), work out five times a week (half check!), binge drink only when necessary (small pen mark denoting about one sixth of a check), and to meet or at least snap a creepy cell phone picture of Robert Pattinson while he is filming in NY (large red X).

I really don't have any excuse for this miserable display of celebrity stalking. Last summer, my goal was to catch a Gossip Girl taping, and I managed to do one better--sit several tables away from Blake Lively, Penn Badgely and Puppy Penny dining and being gorgeous IN REAL LIFE. Unfortunately, this scenario couldn't be documented because a. my Blackberry doesn't have a camera, and b. I am not a massive loser--I draw the line at disrupting celebs in their non-celeb life.

Thanks to this site, however, I may be able to erase the massive and accusatory red X from my list of goals. It lists filming locations for Remember Me, Gossip Girl, and various other films and shows being shot throughout New York. Truth be told, I'd prefer to meet R.Patz out and about in a bar ("Oh, hello, stranger. You look so familiar...I can't seem to place you!") so I can effectively work my charms, but I am certainly not above making dinner reservations at a conspicuous distance from his current filming locations (Um, appetizers & drinks tonight in the East Village, anyone?)

I hear Robbie and his costars will be out of town for the 4th, which is fine by me, because after tonight I will be off slipping and sliding and sunning and grilling and erasing the one-sixth of a check mark from my abysmally unaccomplished list of goals on Long Beach Island. Hopefully with Patzie'z autograph...or, you know, undershirt, tucked neatly into my weekend Vera Bradley.

Oh, and Happy Independence Day, America! I feel that no words can express 4th of July joy more than these from textsfromlastnight.com:

(301): Lady next to me is getting american flags airbrushed on her nails. god bless the ghetto.

No comments:

Post a Comment