Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing of the Day: The Vanity Fair Summer Guide






How I've been waiting for this to make its way into my email inbox! Thanks to my super hip and trendy friend Maggie, who's interning for MTV Networks this summer, I present: The Vanity Fair All Access Guide: Summer 2009.

Last summer at Zoom Media, the hot co worker who I had all sorts of girl crush on forwarded the Vanity Fair All Access Guide to the entire office. Armed with my fake id and her suggestions, I hit up all sorts of rooftop bars and outdoor eateries. One of my favorite summer events listed in the guide was the Bryant Park Summer Film Festival and the Metropolitan Opera in the Park. Armed with boxed wine and a variety of cheeses, my girlfriends and I laid out and enjoyed fun flicks and beautiful music. This summer, with practically all of my friends living in the city, I hope to make extra use of the guide. The Hudson River Flix schedule looks phenomenal, airing two of my favorites: Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Sex&The City. Similarly awesome is the PS1 Warmup, which I meant to make it to every Saturday last summer. Finally, as you might expect due to my frequent ramblings about food, I can't wait to check out the outdoor and rooftop dining suggestions!

A few I'm particularly excited to try:
-5 Ninth: Pictured above. I plan on going here with visiting friend next weekend!
-The Park: So gorgeous and across the street from my internship, I pass by every day and will go in for a happy hour cocktail eventually.
-Habana Outpost: perfect for day-drinking (Which is absolutely of my top five favorite things. If you must know, the other four are reality TV, great books, greater shoes, and outdoor naps).
-The Met Rooftop Bar/Restaurant: Also pictured above. Because look at the view.

Looking forward to a weekend of day drinking, delicious appetizers, and dancing under the stars. Because who doesn't love New York summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment