Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing of the Day: Vegetarians















Pop Quiz
: What do the above humans have in common, other than being stars of a moderately mediocre TV series and bronzed demi-god/esses of perfection?

If you guessed vegetarianism--well, duh. It's literally in the title of the blog post. That was a pretty easy quiz.

Last night, after a grueling session of lifting 3 pound weights with my new wonderfully Guido-ed out trainer, Tony (I don't have a picture of Tony, because that would be creepy, but he very closely resembles this guy, except even darker in fake-tan pigmentation), I decided to take the next step on my summer get-life-in-order/become extremely fit plan.

Until I get back to Vanderbilt, I have decided I will be a vegetarian. I've always been the type of person who doesn't eat red meat or pork, except for the occasional late night hot dog, and starting yesterday, I have decided to give up meat for good and not eat chicken, turkey, bacon (ugh!), or other meat products until August 20th. I am slightly cheating, as usual, in that I will still eat fish and shellfish, but all animals with feet and feathers and fur are officially off limits.

I don't think I have ever actually given anything up before-Jews don't celebrate lent, bad Jews don't fast, I don't have any allergies, I've never smoked enough to feel the need to quit...this should be interesting.

Veggie burgers and Kristen Bell's abs, here we comeeeeee.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God we can still go for SUSHI! I would talk you out of it, otherwise.

    ReplyDelete